Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GRS placement


I am happy to announce that I will be based in the south-east part of South Africa in the city of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. A coastal city that is home to the Nelson Mandela bay stadium which is hosting some of the current World Cup games!

Among other initiatives, Grassroot Soccer works with primary schools in Port Elizabeth. They target children from disadvantaged backgrounds whose daily lives include dealing with family problems, usually related to HIV/AIDS and abuse.

I will be a Programs Intern, helping the organization plan and implement various programs benefiting youths. I imagine there will be some evaluation of programs too as part of my job description.

This is an engaging, dynamic position within Grassroot Soccer South Africa’s Port Elizabeth Programs team. I will be reporting to the Port Elizabeth and Regional Program Coordinator.

I want to thank you for supporting my cause and once again, please visit my fund raising page here, every single donation counts!

All the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the Cause!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am currently fund raising for an internship experience with Grassroot Soccer starting in August 2010. My goal is to raise $5,000 for living expenses and flights (currently at $4,392). I would appreciate your contribution to the cause!
$