Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Passion.

Third week on the job, and passion is the best word to desribe the people I am working with. From my supervisors, to the coaches working in the communities of Zwide, New Brighton and Motherwell I feel an infectious sense of joy, and overwhelming passion. Passion enough to understand the size of the problem we are facing as individuals and as an organization. I can't help but feel lucky to be here, after each passing day I ask myself if I did all I could to help GRS advance its mission. I hope to answer yes, more often than not. What is this passion I talk about: its the way the coaches have welcomed us, the interns, the way they are willing to share their experiences in order to help us understand GRS and of course their dedication to the job at hand, that is reaching out to the kids in their communities!

I recently read the Alchemist (too me 2 days), a modern classic whose storyline can be used as an analogy for our own lives and how we choose to live them. For those who have read the book, you know Santiago's search for his Personal Legend, something we should all be doing - achieiving your personal Legend involves living your dream.

A key phrase in the book, that really resonated with me was this (paraphrased): "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping youto achieve it.”  (if you haven't read the book, please do so!) We certainly want something, an HIV free generation and future, lets go!

There is something very special about Grassroot Soccer; the people it draws, the impact its had in 8 years and its unique approach, all feed into the incredible momentum the organization continues to have are all factors that I hope will inspire and result in an HIV free generation! Where there is a will there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the Cause!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am currently fund raising for an internship experience with Grassroot Soccer starting in August 2010. My goal is to raise $5,000 for living expenses and flights (currently at $4,392). I would appreciate your contribution to the cause!
$