Thursday, December 16, 2010

4 months in, and going strong

Yesterday I celebrated 4 months in South Africa with Grassroot Soccer, what an experience and what a time! I head home to Harare tomorrow on the back of a whirlwind 2 month period that has allowed me to learn and grow within the organization. It was a trial by fire one could say, at one point we had 4 programs (1 in its planning stage and 3 in operation - an HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) Soccer tournament, Skillz Street and 2 holiday programs) going on at the same time!

Needless to say the office and the field had their fair share of highs and lows, but we managed to get through it and I trust that we made an impact in the lives of hundreds of kids while we were at it. I am excited for the year ahead, and the new and exciting opportunities that the year will bring. I want to thank you for your support and I ask that you continue to follow the blog, there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Support the Cause!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am currently fund raising for an internship experience with Grassroot Soccer starting in August 2010. My goal is to raise $5,000 for living expenses and flights (currently at $4,392). I would appreciate your contribution to the cause!
$