Saturday, December 11, 2010

Donation Update

2010 is almost over and I am delighted to be looking back on a year to remember. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have supported my internship. From encouraging messages pushing me to take this on, to financial donations that have ensured that I can actually sustain myself here in South Africa, I am truly grateful.

Next week I head home to Harare, excited to see family and friends and to get the chance to share the experiences that have defined the last 4 months of my life. In early January I hope to return and continue playing my part in the AIDS response movement through Grassroot Soccer. I would like to revise my initial fund raising target (set by the organization as $10,000). Looking at my spending so far, I will need to raise $2,000 (making a total of $5,000 for the year) in order to complete my year in South Africa. Monthly costs for health insurance and other living expenses (mostly food) are $250, GRS covers all utilities and rent. The remaining amount covers travel costs back to ZImbabwe at the end of the internship ($200).

I would like to take this opportunity to seek your assistance in reaching my new fund raising target either through donations of your own, referrals to potential donors or any other suggestions you may have. I would truly appreciate it, and I promise to make the most of the opportunity of being here.

I also write a monthly newsletter that goes out every month, if you would like to receive the first three issues and subsequesnt issues going forward please let me know and I will add you to the email list. I hope all is well with you and thanks in advance for your help!

Happy holidays

1 comment:

Support the Cause!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am currently fund raising for an internship experience with Grassroot Soccer starting in August 2010. My goal is to raise $5,000 for living expenses and flights (currently at $4,392). I would appreciate your contribution to the cause!
$