Tuesday, August 24, 2010

House.

The undisputed soundtrack of the township, House music is a distinct feature of my experience so far in South Africa. For me South African house encompasses the expression, joie de vivre, an exultation of the spirit. Looking at the way it makes the people move, I can't help but smile. I love music, and most people love music. For a few moments people escape problems and complications, entering this joyful world punctuated by a well defined baseline, and seductive lyrics.Sometimes there are no lyrics, sometimes the beat is very simple, but the joy is always there. I'm growing to like house ( I already had 2 songs on my ipod. Below is one of them, we'll see how many more I'll add to my growing library of music!

1 comment:

  1. Mompati told me about this this "House" music when we all lived together last summer. I'll check out the video in a few

    ReplyDelete

Support the Cause!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I am currently fund raising for an internship experience with Grassroot Soccer starting in August 2010. My goal is to raise $5,000 for living expenses and flights (currently at $4,392). I would appreciate your contribution to the cause!
$